The branded content tool on Instagram is super helpful for creators and business alike. First, you’ll need to make sure your account is set up as a Creator or Business account. It’s all about preference for which one you choose. I prefer the Business account because I think it offers more insights and analytics.
By setting up your branded content tool, you’ll be able to tag businesses for paid partnerships as well as approve people to access your content.
This allows brands to work with creators more directly and holds both parties accountable!
Let’s head over to the phone. Check out my video below for a visual:
- Click the 3 lines at the top right
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Select your business / creator account
- Click ‘Branded Content Approvals’
- You can add approved business partners, allow manual tagging, and view your tag requests. I recommend having ‘Manually Approve Tags’ kept on.
- When you want to make a post, start by creating it how you normally would, whether it’s a feed post, story, or reel.
- Make sure it says ‘paid promotion’ when you are publishing to be sure it’s branded!