Why YOU Are Missing NEW Instagram Features // It can be frustration when the new Instagram features are not showing. You’re not the only one that noticed the missing Instagram features (Instagram Stories and Other New Feature) but I have got a few Instagram tips that might help you get them quicker.
Every New Instagram Feature Changing Your Feed
There have been a ton of changes that have affected your Instagram feed this year, from the API update to a new set of tools making shopping and selling easier than ever before!
This year, Instagram is also putting high priority on its users privacy and well-being — making the app a safer place for us to interact with our family, friends, and businesses.
Here is every new Instagram feature and update that is changing the way your feed looks this year:
Instagram API Changes
Before we can dive into all the fun new features, it’s important to cover the API changes that hit the platform in 2018.
Earlier this year, Facebook and Instagram made major changes to their APIs in an effort to protect your data and privacy, and nearly every company that does business on Instagram was affected by these changes.
If you use any apps connected to Instagram, you probably noticed a few changes — and some of your apps may have stopped working altogether!
Here are a few things that were changed with Instagram’s new API:
- Instagram bots are officially dead. If you were using any bots to follow and unfollow accounts or like Instagram posts for you, they’ve most likely stopped working.
- Your Instagram “likes” are now private, meaning other companies won’t be able to tell what posts you’ve liked or not. This mainly affected shopping apps that kept track of your interests were based on your Instagram activity.
- Apps that help you analyze your Instagram followers, or someone else’s followers, no longer work. This includes any apps that showed when someone unfollowed you.
- If you’re using an app to search for user-generated content (UGC) on Instagram (like Later’s Search & Repost feature), it’s capabilities will be a bit more limited. Since Instagram likes are now private, you can now only search for UGC by hashtag.
- You will no longer be able to post or delete comments from anywhere except with Instagram with a personal account. This means if you want to use community management features, you’ll need to switch to an Instagram business profile.