How To Go Live On Facebook Horizontally – Facebook Live Landscape Mode // Mobile live streaming is all the rage these days. You can go live to your social media followers from your mobile device from anywhere and at any time. And you can chat with people in real time. Something exciting happen? Share the video and get people’s feedback immediately!
Periscope is a great platform that has people all over the world sharing their experiences with others from their phones. But recently Facebook got into the game by rolling out their Live video to all users in the United States. Of course, this is huge. It’s Facebook for goodness sake! The potential for a large audience is massive!
Step by step instructions
- Log into your Facebook app.
- Click on the Update Status box.
- Type in a title for your video. What are you showing people? What are you talking about? Be specific with your title and let people know what they’re watching!
- At the bottom, you’ll see “Live Video”. Click that.
- The status update you just typed in will automatically fill itself in on this screen.
- You can choose to make this private or only to friends if you want.
- Choose if you want to broadcast from the front or rear camera, you can change this while you’re live.
- Use landscape mode if you want. Because of how the video is displayed in the Facebook streams, it’s always going to be boxed. Not landscape. Not portrait. Just kind of… boxed. So it doesn’t totally matter if you’re in portrait or landscape mode when you broadcast live… but it does actually make it nicer for you to read comments in landscape mode!
- Once you’re ready, click the Go Live button.
Your followers will begin to see your live video in their news feeds. And here’s the cool thing, the longer you’re live the more chance people have of catching your livestream! Facebook actually places your livestream higher in the algorithm so people are more likely to see it than say… a text post.